Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Some of my favorite twitters

Now sometimes I scroll on twitter and look up random things and celebrities twitters  because why not? who doesn't love wasting time on the internet??????

Recently I have seen some twitters that support the black cause so I decide to spotlight them, (and a bonus tumblr account)

1. Anti_Intellect
This twitter hails up and down about the importance of HBCUS and why black people should still go to them. But, I must warn all of you that his opinions are not for the faint of heart. Meaning that even though he advocates HBCUS to the grave, he somewhats bash black people who go to PWIs for some reason, (i don't really know why). Even though he can be one sided, I enjoy his commentary on HBCUS and current issues today.

2.  Black Wall Street
This account spotlights black owned businesses and black entrepreneurs all around America. Now this one is way more positive than the first one and I think it gives purpose to this Twitter world. We all have to support our people. It is how Americans want other Americans to buy items made in America, but with black people!

3. Black Cognizance
This account is leaning towards an opinion account, but I think that what they have to say is worthwhile, especially during these racially charged times. Most of the times they talk about current issues in the black community and just bringing light all the injustices relating to black people. Also they have an instagram called blackhistory where they talk about influential black people that they don't mention in school or general conversations.

A tumblr account: blkproverbs (pronounce black proverbs)
I am not going to say a lot about this account I am just going to let it speak for itself but it is just common sayings that black people say. It is somewhat like AAVE (African american vernacular English) but it is just so funny because I hear half of the stuff on this tumblr in real life.

Happy Internet scrolling!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! I often see people quoted inspiring words from Malcolm X in the third link. I learned about him during history class last year. Thank you for helping me remember.

    ReplyDelete